MSM stands for Methyl-sulphyl-methane. It is found in various foods, and used by our body to make important enzymes, antibodies, glutathione and connective tissues.
MSM is a sulphur supplement. It is an organic sulphur compound (a metabolite of dimethyl sulphoxide), and is a dietary source of sulphur. Sulphur is an important elements for amino acid, protein synthesis, and in the formation of connective tissue. Our body also requires sulphur in keratin formation, production of immunoglobulin as part of the immune system, and catalysing the metabolic reactions that change food into energy.
MSM is important in the formation of keratin, collagen and elastin which give flexibility, tone and strength to : Muscles, bones, joints, internal membranes, skin, hair and nails.
How to use?
Start with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon; you can work up to 1-2 tablespoons. This amount can be split intot he morning and afternoon. MSM stays in your body about 8 hours.
Dissolve the msm powder completely in liquid; a shaker bottle works well.
It is important to take a Vitamin c supplement with your MSM powder for their synergestic effect.
Drink plenty of water, especially if you notie a cleansing reaction.
– MSM powder benefits our bodies by helping absorb more nutrients (vitamins and minerals)
– MSM powder increases oxygen availability to the body.
– MSM powder helps increase energy.
– MSM powder benefits the body by eliminating toxins including lactic acid build-up from strenuous exercise.
– MSM powder benefits the body by helping to dramatically reduces recuperation time from strenuous exercise and long hours of work.
– MSM powder helps relieve muscular aches and pains.
– MSM powder benefits the body by reducing inflammation due to injury or inflammatory diseases such as arthritis.
– MSM, together with Vitamin C (a free radical scavenger) helps the body build healthy new cells.
– MSM, along with Vitamin C, helps reduce scar tissue and wrinkles, and helps keep the skin more elastic.
– MSM, along with Vitamin C, helps the hair and nails grow stronger and faster.
– MSM has been shown to improve mental alertness.
– MSM has been proven to help in the reduction and even the total elimination of allergies.
When MSM is added to the diet, anti-allergy medication may be sharply reduced or eliminated.
– MSM benefits women by reducing headaches, cramps and muscle pain caused by hormonal imbalances, for example, PMS.
– MSM helps relieve constipation.
– MSM helps reduces eye membrane irritation (when MSM in a water solution is applied).